Work With Us
St. John the Baptist Parish Library continuously accepts job applications and contacts qualified candidates as positions become available.
Please fill out our application form, print it out, and drop it off to any one of our four locations. Applications are also available for pick up at each branch.
All job applications are sent to the library’s administrative office when received for review.
2021 Teen Virtual Volunteer
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Tutorials: Create a 60-second video or PowerPoint presentation based on our library's online resources such as our apps, educational resources, or databases. It can be a "How-to" video or a "Tips and Tricks" guide. (2 hours)
- Book Trailers: Create a 30-second video that entices someone to read the book. Pick a fiction, nonfiction, graphic novel, or manga. (1 hour)
- DIY Tutorials: Create a video or PowerPoint presentation of simple crafts, cooking recipes, STEM activities, Lego building, self-care, etc. (2 hours)
- YA Book Reviews: Read an appropriately challenging YA book, then write an original review. It can be a written review or video. (2 hours)
- 8 to 12 sentences in length.
- A brief book summary (No spoilers, please!)
- Did you like the book? Why or why not? What does the author do well? Where do they come up short?
- Would you recommend this book? Who might enjoy it?
- Trivia: Create a 20-question quiz based on your favorite YA character, book, or series. (1.5 hours)
- De-Stress: Share your tips or stories on how you are coping with the COVID-19 pandemic. (2.5 hours)
It can be an essay, video, PowerPoint presentation, or art project.
- Like This? Get That!: Choose a YA book or graphic novel and create a 5 point list recommending similar authors or book titles. (2 hours)
Volunteers will receive the designated hours of volunteer credit when the Programming Department approves their submissions.
Questions? Contact Rona Joseph, Programming Coordinator
(985) 652-6857 ext. 1502 or email@example.com.