Work With Us
St. John the Baptist Parish Library continuously accepts job applications and contacts qualified candidates as positions become available.
Please fill out our application form, print it out, and drop it off to any one of our four locations. Applications are also available for pick up at each branch.
All job applications are sent to the library’s administrative office when received for review.
None at this time. Check back soon for new opportunities!
None at this time. Check back soon for new postings!
2022 Teen Virtual Volunteer
The St. John the Baptist Parish Library offers Volunteer Service Hours to our local students in the 8th – 12th Grade. All opportunities are virtual and submitted to our Library's Programming Department. Volunteers must fill out the 2022 application and be approved—forward all applications and projects to Rona Joseph ([email protected]) in the Programming Department. Opportunities may be completed by individuals or as group projects. If hours are used for school requirements, the volunteer's responsibility is to make sure the school accepts these hours as volunteer credits.
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Book Trailers: Create a 30-second video that entices someone to read the book. Pick a fiction, nonfiction, graphic novel, or manga.
- DIY Tutorials: Create a video or PowerPoint presentation of simple crafts, cooking recipes, STEM activities, Lego building, self-care, etc.
- Media Reviews: Read, play games, listen to podcasts or watch shows and movies, then submit a review.
- YA Book Reviews: Read an appropriately challenging YA book, then write or record an original review.
- Trivia: Create a 10-question quiz based on your favorite YA character, book, or series.
- De-Stress: Share your tips or stories on how you are coping with the COVID-19 pandemic or Hurricane Ida. It can be an essay, poem, video, PowerPoint presentation, or art project.
- Like This? Get That!: Choose a YA book or graphic novel and create a 5 point list with a summary recommending similar authors or book titles.
- Library Promo Videos: TikTok, Snapchat, or Instagram.
- Program Planning: Develop and plan a program you and your peers would like to attend.
Volunteers will receive the designated hours of volunteer credit when the Programming Department approves their submissions.
Questions? Contact Rona Joseph, Programming Coordinator
(985) 652-6857 ext. 1502 or [email protected]