St. John the Baptist Parish Library is committed to serving the public while also working to ensure the safety and health of our patrons, staff, and our community. Patrons are welcomed to visit our libraries but can still engage from the comfort and safety of their homes by accessing our vast array of digital resources and services using their library card online.
- A mask or face covering is required to enter the library.
- Children ages 8 and under are allowed to access the libraries with a parent/guardian or caregiver.
- Study rooms and meeting rooms are available.
- Up to 2 people are allowed in the study rooms and up to 10 people are allowed in the meeting rooms.
- Computer usage will resume:
- Personal help will be provided from a social distance.
- All computer equipment will be wiped down and sanitized between users.
- Headphones will be available for purchase.
- Curbside pickup will remain available at all library locations, and all book drops remain open.
- Virtual programs will continue on the Library’s social media platforms.
- Self-service printing is available at all branches.
- Wi-Fi services will remain available at all branches 24/7. Access to Wi-Fi has been extended to branch parking lots to better serve our patrons.
- Outreach services will resume in a limited capacity, following strict health and safety protocols.
- Patrons with questions and inquiries are invited to communicate with the Library by contacting their local branch via telephone, or by chatting with library staff online.
- Acrylic sneeze guards installed at all service desks.
- Expanded cleaning protocols and increased schedule for disinfecting high-traffic areas inside branches.
- Masks are worn by all staff members.
- Hand sanitizer stations strategically placed throughout all branches.
- Continuation of curbside service for vulnerable and at-risk patrons. Patrons may browse the online catalog or contact their branch by phone to request items for pickup.
- Returned library items will be quarantined for a minimum of three days before being cleaned and returned to circulation.
- Our many digital services remain available 24/7 at stjohn.lib.la.us, including e-books and audiobooks; streaming TV, movie and music services; classes and digital subscriptions to newspapers and magazines. – once they click the digital service link it will forward them to our resources page.
- We will continue to update this resource page with information about the COVID-19 virus and how to keep you and your loved ones safe.
- You can also stay updated on the library by following our social media accounts. (@St. John the Baptist Parish Library on Facebook, @StJohnLib4 on Twitter, and @stjohnparishlib on Instagram). **