St. John the Baptist Parish Library is committed to serving the public while also working to ensure the safety and health of our patrons, staff, and our community. Patrons are welcomed to visit our libraries but can still engage from the comfort and safety of their homes by accessing our vast array of digital resources and services using their library card online.
- A mask or face covering is optional to enter the libraries.
- Study rooms and meeting rooms are available.
- Study rooms can be accessed at the Edgard and Reserve Libraries.
- Meeting rooms can also be accessed at the Edgard and Garyville Libraries.
- Computer usage has resumed:
- All computer equipment is wiped down and sanitized between users.
- Headphones are available for purchase.
- Virtual programs can be viewed on the Library’s social media platforms.
- Self-service printing is available at all branches.
- Wi-Fi services are available at all branches 24/7. Access to Wi-Fi has been extended to branch parking lots to better serve our patrons.
- Outreach services has resumed, following strict health and safety protocols.
- Patrons with questions and inquiries are invited to communicate with the Library by contacting their local branch via telephone, or by messaging using our social media platforms.
- Expanded cleaning protocols and increased schedule for disinfecting high-traffic areas are being conducted inside all branches.
- Hand sanitizer is available to patrons at all branches.
- Our many digital services remain available 24/7 at stjohn.lib.la.us, including e-books and audiobooks; streaming TV, movie and music services; classes and digital subscriptions to newspapers and magazines. – once they click the digital service link it will forward them to our resources page.
- We will continue to update this resource page with information about the COVID-19 virus and how to keep you and your loved ones safe.
- You can also stay updated on the library by following our social media accounts. (@St. John the Baptist Parish Library on Facebook, @StJohnLib4 on Twitter, and @stjohnparishlib on Instagram).